Skip to content
Vanilla Patty Cakes
Recipes - Baking
Vanilla Patty Cakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 12 cup, cupcake trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper. Alternatively you can use colourful cupcake papers.
- 3. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- 4. Gradually add egg, beating well after each addition.
- 5. Sift flours into a medium-sized bowl. Stir sifted dry ingredients and milk alternately into creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 6. Three quarters fill each cupcake in tray.
- 7. Place tins into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 8. When cooked remove from oven and leave in tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- 9. When cold, serve plain. You can cut a piece from the top of the cupcake and fill with jam and whipped cream as desired.