Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Vanilla Donuts - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Easy Bake Bread Mix (You can also use whole-wheat mixture)
- ORGRAN GFG Gluten Substitute
- of plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg Egg Substitute prepared to packet instructions
- ½ cube of yeast (or one bag of dry yeast gluten-free)
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon peel
- Powdered sugar
- Oil for your hands
- Oil for frying
- 1. Instead of using the bread mix you can use ORGRAN Gluten free flour. In this case, use a pinch of salt.
- 2. First, prepare the yeast. Warm the cup of milk and put it in a small ramekin with the yeast powder, add half a teaspoon of sugar and let it rest for 10 minutes
- 3. To the flour mix, add the grated lemon peel, vanilla seeds and sugar. Stir in the flour and yeast substitute and mix/knead the dough until it soft. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- 4. After five minutes, oil your hands and gently shape the dough into flt round circles.
- 5. Place the dough balls on a floured baking paper and leave covered in a warm place to rise for at least one hour.
- 6.Place the doughnuts in a large sauce pan of heated oil and fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- 7. Drain off excess oil, then blot them with a paper napkin and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 8. If desired, the donuts can be filled with jam.
- 9. Serve and Enjoy