Skip to content
Recipes - Desserts
Vanilla Custard - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 600 millilitres whole milk
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and bring just to the boil over a medium-low heat.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and flour until pale-yellow in colour.
- Gradually add the warm milk, approximately ½ cup at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and cook gently on a low heat for about 20 minutes or until thickened, whisking continuously.
- Once thickened, add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Add more vanilla or less sugar to taste.