Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Tuna Pie - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- potato flour
- rice flour
- tapioca flour
- corn flour
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ORGRAN No Egg Natural Egg Replacer
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN GfG - Gluten Substitute
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- mashed potato
- Prepare 4 large potatoes by peeling and chopping and placing into boiling water. Cook until potato is soft. Mash potato with a little butter and milk, until very smooth.
- We used 95g (3oz) small cans of flavoured tuna to make these pies. Small tins of tuna are used as they have a lot of flavour. Larger tins of tuna can be used as desired.
- A 13cm (5”) Tupperware lid was used as the template to cut out the circles of pastry to fit the pie cases. The imprint of the lid in the pastry gives the pastry a firmer texture, which make it easier to lift the pastry into the foil pie tray. (For Tupperware Lid picture example see Facebook post 16 April 2014)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Individual 11cm (4¼”) foil trays are best for making pies.
- Place potato flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, corn flour, ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, baking powder, ORGRAN No Egg, ORGRAN GfG & butter into the bowl of an electric food processor. Process well to mix butter into dry ingredients.
- Break eggs into a small bowl. Add water and oil and mix well.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients in food processor. Process until a firm dough consistency.
- Securely wrap the dough and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board and knead lightly. Divide dough in half. Wrap half the dough securely in plastic wrap to prevent dough drying out.
- Roll half the dough out to 0.5 cm (¼\") thickness.
- Using a Tupperware lid as a marker, mark out pastry and carefully lift to fit foil trays. Line foil trays with pastry.
- Roll out remainder of pastry. Cut out pastry and line foil trays.
- Place half a 95g (3oz) tin of flavoured tuna into each foil tray.
- Top each pie with mashed potato
- Place foil trays onto a flat baking tray to facilitate handling.
- Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until potato is pale golden brown and cooked.
- When cooked, remove from oven and leave in foil trays until ready to serve.