Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Tuna Patties - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- packet ORGRAN Rice & Corn Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 x 425g can tuna in spring water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped olives
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Rice Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN Falafel Mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 2 eggs, for rolling
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, for rolling
- 1 cup ORGRAN Crispi Crumbs
- olive oil for frying
- 1. Cook ORGAN pasta according to instructions on the packet. Cook until just tender. Strain and discard water. Allow pasta to cool. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Drain tuna and discard liquid.
- 3. Add tuna, onion, olives, lemon rind and juice, garlic chives, garlic, ORGRAN rice crumbs, falafel, parsley, egg, vegetable stock cube and pepper. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 4. Break extra eggs into a separate small bowl. Pour in water. Lightly whisk.
- 5. Put flour into a small flat bowl.
- 6. Put ORGRAN Crispi crumbs into a separate small flat bowl.
- 7. Lightly dust hands with gluten free plain flour. Roll portions of patty mixture, approx. the size of a walnut. Flatten into a patty shape.
- 8. Toss in flour, dip in egg and roll in ORGRAN Crispi crumbs.
- 9. Heat oil in a large frying pan. A deep fryer or an air fryer can be used. The amount of oil required will vary according to the fryer used.
- 10. Fry patties until lightly golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.