Skip to content
Tomato Chicken & Rice
Recipes - Cooking
Tomato Chicken & Rice - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour (for coating chicken pieces)
- salt and pepper, as desired
- 1 1/2 kilograms chicken fillets (cut into 3cm pieces), all skin and fat removed
- 1 x 425ml can tomato juice
- 1 or 2 x GF Vegetable Stock Cubes (to taste)
- cooked rice, for serving
- parsley, for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare a large casserole dish (Pyrex) by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Place ORGRAN flour into a medium-sized bowl. Stir in salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and toss until well coated. Place chicken into prepared casserole dish.
- 4. Pour tomato juice into a medium-sized bowl. Add crumbled stock cubes and mix well.
- 5. Pour tomato mixture into a medium-sized saucepan and place over a low heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Pour over chicken in casserole dish. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Pour tomato mixture into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for approx. 5 minutes, stirring after each minute until mixture thickens. Pour over chicken in casserole dish. Microwave on medium-high for approx. 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Serve on a bed of cooked rice. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
- Tip - Rice may be cooked ahead of time and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator until required.
- Alternately you can use your favourite Orgran pasta as a side.