Skip to content
Tiramisu Dessert Cake
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Tiramisu Dessert Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Coffee Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup instant coffee powder
- 3/4 cup marsala
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
Coffee Cream Ingredients:
- 300 millilitres thick cream
- 1/3 cup pure icing sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee liquid (reserved from above)
- toasted almond flakes
- Can be made the day before it is required and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 20cm (8") cake tins by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tins with baking paper.
- 3. Break eggs into the large bowl of an electric food mixer. Add sugar. Beat for 10 minutes.
- 4. While eggs are beating, sift flour, cornflour, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda. Lightly fold into beaten eggs.
- 5. Place butter into a small saucepan. Melt over a gentle heat. Stir in milk and vanilla. Stir into egg mixture.
- Place butter into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir in milk and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla. Stir into egg mixture.
- 6. Pour mixture into prepared tins.
- 7. Place cake into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. DO NOT open the oven door before 20 minutes or cake will sink.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- 9. When cold, decorate.
Coffee Mixture Method:
- 1. Pour boiling water into a medium-sized bowl.
- 2. Stir in coffee powder.
- 3. Stir in marsala and coffee liqueur.
- 4. Set aside and allow to cool. Reserve ½ cup of liquid for Coffee Cream
- 5. When liquid is cold prepare Coffee Cream.
Coffee Cream Method:
- 1. Place cream into a small bowl. Whip until thickened.
- 2. Stir icing sugar and mascarpone into cream.
- 3. Stir in reserved coffee liquid.
- 1. Cut one cake in half horizontally.
- 2. Place one half of one cake onto a flat serving plate.
- 3. Brush cake with coffee liquid.
- 4. Spread a layer of Coffee Cream over cake.
- 5. Top with another layer of cake. Brush with coffee liquid and top with cream.
- 6. Cut remaining cake in half horizontally. Place another layer of cake onto cake on serving plate.
- 7. Brush with coffee liquid and top with Coffee Cream.
- 8. Repeat brushing and topping with cream for final layer of cake.
- 9. Spread remaining Coffee Cream onto top and around sides of cake.
- 10. Decorate with toasted almond flakes.
- 11. Refrigerate until ready to serve.