Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Tiramisu Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Sponge Cake Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour (80g)
- 1/2 cup gluten free custard powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder (4g)
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tbs. coffee liqueur
- cream cheese
- ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon drinking chocolate
- 360 millilitres prepared black coffee
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F)
Sponge Cake Method:
- Beat eggs until stiff and foamy (approx. 8 minutes).
- Beat in sugar until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, custard powder and baking powder 3 times.
- Fold the sifted dry ingredients into egg mixture by using spoon.
- Pour into two sandwich pans, bake 15-20 minutes or until sponge springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut each sponge cake into 2 layers in order to create 4 layers of cake in total.
- Cut each layer into thirds. Place one cut third of sponge at the base of each dessert bowl, arranging to fit.
- Pour 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur and 1 ½ tablespoons coffee over each sponge base.
- Beat cheese, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until smooth.
- Repeat above steps, finishing with cream cheese layer and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle with drinking chocolate before serving.