Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Tea Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pure icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Take a medium bowl and mix the butter and sugar until fluffy & creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix it well to continue the fluffiness.
- Add vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt and stir into the batter while adding milk. Add some more milk if the batter is too stiff.
- Grease and flour a 23cm (9inch) round pan and spread the prepared batter evenly into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake; if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake; if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool in the tin, then turn cake out onto a serving plate. To serve, dust cake with icing sugar.