Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Tangelo Cupcakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cooked tangelo
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package ORGRAN Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- almond meal
Tangelo Marmalade Ingredients:
- 1 tangelo
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 12-cup, cupcake trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Place the tangelo into the bowl of an electric food blender. Add eggs, butter, yoghurt, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- 4. Put cake mix, flour, icing sugar and almond meal into the bowl of an electric food mixer. Stir to mix ingredients.
- 5. Add blended liquid to cake mix ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- 6. Three quarters fill each cupcake cup in trays with cake mixture.
- 7. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- 9. Serve with Tangelo Marmalade.
Tangelo Marmalade Method:
- Ahead of time
- Place 1 whole tangelo in a saucepan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil. Boil gently for 1 - 1½ hours until tangelo is soft. Drain tangelo and discard liquid. Allow tangelo to cool before using to make cupcakes.
- It is necessary to soak fruit overnight to make marmalade. This recipe makes 3 x 250ml (8 oz.) jars.
- 1. Finely slice tangelo and lemon (remove any seeds). Put into a large saucepan. Add boiling water. Slowly bring to the boil. Turn off heat and remove from heat. Allow to stand overnight.
- 2. Next day, return saucepan to heat. Slowly bring to the boil. Boil gently until fruit is soft.
- 3. Add sugar to saucepan, stirring continuously. Do not boil until all the sugar is dissolved. When sugar is dissolved, slowly bring to the boil. Boil gently until marmalade forms a gel when tested on a cold saucer.
- 4. While still warm, bottle in warm sterilised jars and seal.