Skip to content
Sweet Potato Tarts
Recipes - Baking
Sweet Potato Tarts - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Tart Filling Ingredients:
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small sweet potato (approx. 600g)
- 7 tablespoons ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ mixed with 320 milliliters Water
- sour cream or vegan alternative
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated plant milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- dairy free margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 millilitres water
- finely grated Parmesan cheese, approx. 1 cup, or a vegan cheese alternative
- finely grated tasty cheese, approx. 1 cup
Tart Filling Method:
- 1. Peel and finely dice onion.
- 2. Place margarine into a small frying pan. Add onion and sauté (lightly fry).
- 3. Add brown sugar and vinegar to pan. Cook until onion is well caramelised.
- 4. Peel sweet potato. Cut into small dice. Steam until just tender.
- 5. Mix up the Vegan Easy Egg mix and Add sour cream, mustard, garlic, milk and evaporated milk. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend until well combined.
- 1. Place the flour into the bowl of an electric food processor. Add butter. Process to mix ingredients.
- 2. Pour oil into a small bowl. Add egg substitute, lemon juice and water and whisk well.
- 3. Pour liquid into food processor. Process until pastry is well mixed.
- 4. Turn pastry dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board. Lightly knead pastry. Roll out to 0.5cm (¼”) thickness. Using a round 8cm (3”) fluted cutter, cut out pastry to fit foil trays. Line foil trays with pastry.
Method to Assemble Tart:
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Put a small quantity of caramelized onion and sweet potato into each pastry case.
- 3. Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- 4. About ¾ fill each tart shell with Vegan egg mixture.
- 5. Top with a small amount of grated cheese.
- 6. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until tarts are cooked and filling is