Skip to content
Sweet Potato Soup
Recipes - Cooking
Sweet Potato Soup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 medium sweet potato (approx. 880g)
- 1 brown onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 sprig lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 x 80g pk Orgran Croutons of Choice
- 1. Peel and dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato into a steamer. Steam until soft.
- 2. Peel and finely dice onion.
- 3. Finely diced celery
- 4. Pour oil into a large saucepan.
- 5. Add onion, garlic and celery. Sauté (lightly fry) onion, garlic and celery.
- 6. Put sweet potato, onion, garlic, celery, salt, pepper, curry powder, ORGRAN flour and coriander into the bowl of an electric food blender, with a little chicken stock. Blend until smooth. Pour into saucepan. Add remainder of stock, and thyme.
- 7. Cook over a gentle heat until well heated through.
- 8. Stir in lemon juice and coconut cream and heat through. DO NOT boil.
- 9. Remove thyme before serving. Top with ORGRAN Croutons of choice