Skip to content
Strawberry Jelly Cakes
Recipes - Baking, Desserts, Kids
Strawberry Jelly Cakes - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- strawberry flavoured jelly
- butter (or margarine, for vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup milk (or soy milk, for vegan alternative)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Prepare jelly according to packet instructions. Place in the fridge for about 1 1/2 hrs, or until slightly thickened (it should be like unbeaten egg white).
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Grease 2 non-sticks, 12-hole, shallow patty tins (2 tbsp capacity each hole). With electric beaters, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and beat to combine.
- Sift flour over mixture and gently fold in the milk. Spoon batter into prepared tins and bake for about 8 mins, or until risen, golden brown and firm to a gentle touch. Stand in the tin for 3 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread coconut on a plate. Working one at a time, dip a cake in the jelly, letting it soak in slightly. Drain off excess, then roll in coconut to coat. Place on a tray. Repeat with remaining cakes, coconut and jelly and refrigerate for 1 hr, to set.
- Serve with strawberry for topping.