Skip to content
Strawberry Custard Trifle
Recipes - Desserts
Strawberry Custard Trifle - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Strawberry Jam Layer:
- fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced thick
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ORGRAN Instant Custard Mix
- 700 millilitres milk of choice
- 2 packages gluten free savoiardi biscuits
- 200 millilitres orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 50 millilitres Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1. In a heavy base pan add the strawberries and sugar and over a medium heat stir until sugar melted and strawberries are bubbling. Add the lemon juice and chia seeds and simmer for 5 mins. Turn off heat and allow to completely cool.
- 2. Combine the two custard ingredients and whisk until thick. Set aside.
- 3. Prepare to assemble. Dip each side of the savoiardi biscuit into the juice to soak and slightly soften before adding a biscuit layer to the bowl.
- 4. Add half of the custard mixture and top with half the strawberry jam layer. Repeat again.
- 5. Place into fridge for 3 hours to set.
- 6. Serve topped with crushed meringues before serving.