Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Sponge Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3/4 cup & 1½ tablespoons ORGRAN Self Raising Flour (115g)
- caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to moderate (approximately 180ºC or 350ºF)
- Grease deep 23cm round cake tin.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl with electric beater for 7 minutes, will become thick and pale.
- Gradually add the sugar to the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Using a spoon, fold in sifted flour.
- Spread evenly into the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sponge is lightly golden and shrinks slightly from the side of the tin.
- Leave the sponge to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out to a wire rack to cool.
- Top with cream and seasonal fruits as desired.