Skip to content
Spinach & Cheese Quiche
Recipes - Baking
Spinach & Cheese Quiche - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 millilitres water
Quiche Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheddar cheese
- fetta, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked spinach
- 6 eggs
- 300 millilitres sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cups milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1. Prepare a 28cm x 5cm (11” x 1½”) deep round fluted quiche dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 2. Place the flour into the bowl of an electric food processor. Add butter. Process to mix ingredients.
- 3. Pour oil into a small bowl. Add egg yolk, lemon juice and water and whisk well.
- 4. Pour liquid into food processor. Process until pastry is well mixed.
- 5. Turn pastry dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board. Lightly knead pastry. Roll out to 0.5cm (¼”) thickness. Line base and sides of quiche dish with pastry.
Quiche Filling Method:
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Sprinkle cheeses and spinach over pastry in quiche dish.
- 3. Break eggs into food processor or blender. Add sour cream, garlic, mustard, milk, salt and pepper and shallots into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to combine ingredients. Pour over cheese and spinach.
- 4. Place quiche into a moderately-hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 160°C (325°F). Continue to cook for approx 40 minutes or until quiche is set in the centre and cooked.
- 5. When cooked remove from oven and serve hot or cold, as desired.