Skip to content
Smoked Salmon Blini
Recipes - Cooking
Smoked Salmon Blini - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain flour
- 3/4 cup milk (or a non-dairy milk)
- 1 egg (or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg Replacer)
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- spring of fresh thyme, to garnish tops of blini
- Sift ORGRAN flours into a small mixing bowl.
- Pour milk into a measuring jug. Break in egg. Whisk well to combine.(Alternatively, use ORGRAN No Egg as per packet instructions).
- Place butter into a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds. Stir into milk and egg.
- Pour liquid into flour in bowl. Beat well to a smooth paste.
- Spray a medium-size frying pan with cooking spray.
- Heat pan over a gentle heat.
- Drop teaspoons of mixture into frying pan. Do not put too close to allow for a little spreading during cooking. Cook for 1 minute. Turn and cook on the reverse side for another minute. When cooked, place onto a fine wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Put mascarpone and chopped thyme into a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Beat well to combine ingredients.
- Onto each blini, put a teaspoon of mascarpone mixture; top with a tiny portion of smoked salmon, shredded lemon rind and a sprig of thyme.