Skip to content
Recipes - Baking, Biscuits
Shortbread Hearts - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or milk free margarine
- pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whisky
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 large flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line trays with baking paper.
- 3. Cream butter, icing sugar, vanilla, honey and whisky.
- 4. Sift flour into a small bowl. Stir in rice flour and mix well. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Dough should be a firm consistency. It may be necessary to add an extra small amount of gluten free plain flour to obtain a firm consistency.
- 5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board and knead lightly. Divide dough in half. Wrap half of the dough in plastic wrap. Roll remaining half of the dough out to approx. 0.5cm (¼”) thickness. Using a 3cm heart-shaped cutter dipped in gluten free flour, cut out shapes and place onto prepared trays.
- 6. Roll out remaining dough. Cut into heart shapes and place onto prepared trays.
- 7. Place shortbread into a moderately-slow oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until very pale golden brown.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave on trays for 2 minutes. Loosen biscuits and leave on trays to cool.
- 9. When completely cold, store in an airtight container.