Skip to content
Seasoned Fillet Steak
Recipes - Cooking
Seasoned Fillet Steak - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Fillet Steak Ingredients -
- 12 very thin slices of beef fillet (allow 3 x approx. 60g slices per person)
- olive oil to glaze meat
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Gravy Mix
- Roast Potato Slices Ingredients -
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Asparagus & Prosciutto Ingredients -
- 16 spears of fresh asparagus (allow 4 spears per person
- olive oil, to glaze cooked asparagus
- 16 thin strips of prosciutto (allow a strip for each asparagus spear)
- Fillet Steak Method -
- 1. Brush beef with olive oil.
- 2. Put the ORGRAN gravy mix into a large zip seal plastic bag.
- 3. Add beef strips. Seal bag and coat slices of beef with gravy mix.
- 4. Cook beef in an electric griller. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking. Do not overcook or beef may be tough.
- 5. While beef is cooking, prepare asparagus.
- Roast Potato Slices Method -
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line trays with baking paper.
- 3. Wash potatoes. Cut potatoes into 0.5cm (¼\'\') slices (leave skins on).
- 4. Arrange potato slices over base of trays. Do not overlap potato slices.
- 5. Drizzle oil over potato slices. Sprinkle rosemary over potato slices.
- 6. Place into a moderately-hot oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown and cooked.
- 7. While potatoes are cooking, prepare beef and asparagus.
- Asparagus & Prosciutto Method -
- 1. Remove thick bottoms of spears and discard.
- 2. Cut bottom of spears by rolling spears towards you and cutting into a point like the sharp end of a pencil. This is done to ‘shock’ the asparagus when it is placed in boiling water. This will help to retain the green colour.
- 3. Pour a large quantity boiling water into a large saucepan. Place onto heat and bring to the boil.
- 4. Blanch asparagus by carefully dropping into boiling water. Leave in water for 2 minutes.
- 5. Remove immediately from boiling water and plunge into cold water for 3 minutes. This will help to refresh the colour.
- 6. Glaze asparagus spears with olive oil to give a high gloss.
- 7. Roll a thin strip of prosciutto around each spear.