Skip to content
Salt & Pepper Avocado Chips
Recipes - Cooking
Salt & Pepper Avocado Chips - ORGRAN Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 avocados, firm & ripe
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups ORGRAN Premium Breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar before setting aside to thicken.
- Carefully cut each avocado in half before removing the seed and gently removing the skin.
- Cut each avocado half into 2-5 wedges.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over the cut avocado to prevent it from going brown.
- In another shallow dish, combine the ORGRAN Premium Breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of white pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Line a large tray or plate with baking paper.
- Take each wedge of avocado and carefully dip in the milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with the crumb mixture to coat well and place gently on the lined tray. Try not to dip in the crumbs, as this will moisten your mixture.
- Repeat this with the remaining avocado wedges.
- Heat the canola oil in a large fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the avocado wedges to the pan; you may need to do a few batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook on one side for 3-5 mins before gently turning and cooking the other side for a further 3-5 mins.
- Allow to drain on paper towel before sprinkling with the remaining salt and pepper.