Skip to content
Rosemary Roast Beef with Gluten Free Gravy
Recipes - Cooking
Rosemary Roast Beef with Gluten Free Gravy - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 5/24 kilograms beef rump roast
- 4 rosemary twigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- teaspoon ground mustard
- teaspoon sea salt (or more if required)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190C fan forced. Arrange a baking tin to fit the rump roast. Lay a long piece of foil and a long piece of baking paper on the bench. One width ways and the other lengthways to form a cross.
- Now combine together the garlic, salt, pepper, mustard and olive oil. Rub the paste all over the beef.
- Set the beef in the centre of the cross and place the rosemary twigs on top and to the sides of the beef.
- Fold over the baking paper, wrapping the beef and then fold over the foil together to completely enclose the beef. Place into a baking tin and roast for 3 hours until very tender.
- Remove from the oven and carefully unwrap. You will notice quite a bit of liquid released from the beef. With a large spoon carefully collect about ¼ cup or more of liquid and set aside for the gravy.
- Wrap the beef again (to keep it warm) and allow it to rest for 10 mins while you make the gravy.
- In a small pot add the gravy mix, cold water and stir until dissolved. Place in the beef stock and then place onto stove and over medium heat bring to boil, stirring continuously until thickening is achieved.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over the beef.
- Remove beef from baking tin, place onto chopping board and slice.
- Serve with baked potatoes, green salad or steamed rice or quinoa. Enjoy.