Skip to content
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Recipes - Cooking
Roasted Pumpkin Soup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 green apple
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 cups fresh vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
- light sour cream, for serving
- finely chopped fresh herbs, for serving
- ORGRAN Croutons of Choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Peel carrot, onion, potatoes, sweet potato, pumpkin and apple (remove core) and cut into small dice.
- 3. Peel garlic and crush.
- 4. Place diced vegetables and garlic onto 2 flat baking trays. Pour 4 tablespoons oil over vegetables in each tray. Sprinkle vegetables with lemon pepper. Place vegetables into a moderately-hot oven and bake until vegetables are tender and slightly caramelised.
- 5. Allow to cool a little before adding to blender.
- 6. Place vegetables and chicken stock into the bowl of an electric food blender. Take care not to overfill blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in thickened cream.
- 7. Place soup into a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. As soon as the soup comes to the boil, remove from the heat.
- 8. Serve hot with sour cream, fresh herbs and ORGRAN croutons of choice .