Skip to content
Red Bean Dip
Recipes - Snacks
Red Bean Dip - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Dip Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 x 310g can red kidney beans
- 1 x 440g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Serving Ingredients
- 1 packet Crispibread with Quinoa (or Orgran Crispibread of choice)
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup grated mature cheese
- 2 tablespoons Orgran Corn Crispy Crumbs (or Orgran crumb of choice)
- Dip Method
- 1. Pour oil into a medium sized non-stick frying pan.
- 2. Peel onion and finely chop.
- 3. Peel and crush garlic.
- 4. Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook over a gentle heat until onion is tender.
- 5. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, then add chilli and cumin.
- 6. Add beans and tomato.
- 7. Cook over a gentle heat until mixture reduces and slightly thickens.
- Serving Method
- 1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- 2. Using a serrated knife, gently saw Crispibread with Quinoa in half across the centre.
- 3. Arrange Crispibread with Quinoa on an oven-proof platter.
- 4. Sprinkle Crispibread with Quinoa with 1 cup grated cheese.
- 5. Spoon Red Bean Dip into centre of Crispibread with Quinoa.
- 6. Sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese.
- 7. Sprinkle with mature cheese.
- 8. Sprinkle with Corn Crispy Crumbs.Place into a moderate oven and cook for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take care not to burn Cripibread.