Skip to content
Recipes - Desserts
Raspberry Dessert - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Raspberry Sauce Ingredients -
- 1 x 300g 10 oz. packet frozen raspberries (fresh raspberries can be used, as desired)
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Vanilla Almond Cake Ingredients -
- 1 x 150g (5.2oz) packet Organ Premium Shortbread Hearts
- 1 x 375g (13.2oz) packet Orgran Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 oz. soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Dessert Assembly Ingredients
- 3 x almond cakes
- 10 oz. thickened cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- raspberry sauce (previously prepared)
- Raspberry Sauce Method -
- The sauce needs to be made ahead of time and allowed to go cold before assembling the dessert.
- 1. Put the raspberries, jam and lemon juice into an electric blender. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Strain and discard seeds.
- 3. Pour into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Add sugar and stir well.
- 4. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Microwave on high for another minute and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-high for 5-minute intervals and stir until liquid has reduced and sauce is slightly thickened.
- 5. Allow sauce to cool.
- 6. Sauce can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator until required to assemble dessert.
- Vanilla Almond Cake Method -
- 3 thin layers of cake are made to assemble this dessert. Cakes can be made ahead of time and frozen until they are required to assemble dessert.
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 3 x 20cm (8\") round tins by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tins with baking paper.
- 3. Place shortbread hearts into the bowl of an electric blender or food processor. Process into very fine crumbs.
- 4. Place cake mix, ground almonds and shortbread biscuit crumbs into the bowl of an electric food mixer. Stir to combine ingredients. Add egg, butter, yoghurt and vanilla. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- 5. Pour cake mixture evenly into prepared tins.
- 6. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- 7. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in tins for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- To assemble dessert
- Dessert is best arranged about 30 minutes before it is required for serving. Cake needs to be cold before assembling.
- Dessert Assembly Method
- 1. Place one cake on a flat serving plate.
- 2. Put cream into a medium-sized bowl. Whip until cream is stiff. Reserve a little of the whipped cream to decorate top of cake. Stir Raspberry Sauce throughout remaining whipped cream.
- 3. Spread ⅓ of the raspberry cream over the cake.
- 4. Repeat with remaining cakes and raspberry cream.
- 5. Top with whipped cream and the remaining raspberry cream.
- 6. Refrigerate until required for serving.
- The sauce needs to be made ahead of time and allowed to go cold before assembling the dessert. 3 thin layers of cake are made to assemble this dessert. Cakes can be made ahead of time and frozen until they are required to assemble dessert.