Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Raisin Muffins - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3/4 cup warm water
- finely chopped raisins
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray by spraying with cooking spray.
- Preparation time includes time to allow raisins to soften in boiling water and standing time before serving.
- Pour water into a small saucepan. Add raisins and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour water into a small microwave safe bowl. Add raisins. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Microwave for another minute and stir.
- Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes put raisins and water into an electric food processor or blender. Blend for a very short time to make sure raisins are very finely chopped. Do not over process. Remove from food processor. Wash and thoroughly dry food processor.
- Put 1 cup plain flour into the bowl of an electric food processor or blender. Add pumpkin seeds. Process for a very short time to chop seeds. Do not over process.
- Place self-raising flour into a medium sized bowl. Stir finely chopped pumpkin seeds and plain flour into self-raising flour.
- Stir walnuts into flour mixture.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in raisin mixture and banana.
- Sift flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- ¾ fill each muffin cup in tray with muffin mixture.
- Place into a moderate oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until muffins are cooked when tested.
- When muffins are cooked, remove tray from oven. Allow muffins to stand in tray for 10 minutes. Turn muffins out onto a fine wire rack to cool.