Skip to content
Spinach & Tuna Pasta Salad
Recipes - Cooking
Spinach & Tuna Pasta Salad - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 x 250g packet ORGRAN Rice Spirals
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 160g bag baby spinach
- 1 red onion
- semi sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 x 410g can tuna in olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped chilli
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Spread pumpkin over a flat baking tray. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil over pumpkin.
- 3. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake until golden brown and cooked.
- 4. Spread pine nuts over a flat baking tray. Bake in a moderate oven for approx. 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Take care not to burn pine nuts.
- 5. Cook ORGRAN pasta according to the directions on the packet. Drain pasta and place into a medium-sized serving bowl. Pour in 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and stir well.
- 6. Wash spinach and add to pasta.
- 7. Peel and finely slice onion and add to pasta.
- 8. Chop tomatoes and add to pasta.
- 9. Remove seeds from capsicum. Cut into small pieces and add to pasta.
- 10. Drain tuna and add to pasta.
- 11. Add pine nuts to pasta. Lightly stir to combine ingredients.
- 12. Pour ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil into a small jug. Pour in balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Add crushed garlic, mustard and chilli and stir well.
- 13. Just before serving, pour dressing over pasta.