Skip to content
Pumpkin & Tofu Pancakes
Recipes - Breakfast
Pumpkin & Tofu Pancakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 x 375g packet Orgran Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cold cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a 23cm (9\") round tin by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tin with baking paper.
- 3. Warm Cornbread & Muffin Mix for 30 seconds in the microwave. Place into the bowl of a heavy-duty electric food mixer. Add baking powder, salt and pepper. Mix cheese into muffin mix.
- 4. Put butter into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Break eggs into a small bowl. Lightly whisk with a fork. Pour in melted butter, olive oil and water and mix together. Add mashed pumpkin and stir well. Add liquid to bowl with cornbread mix. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- 5. Place dough into prepared tin.
- 6. Put into a warm place to rise. Allow to rise until soft and spongy. Don’t leave to rise for too long or cornbread may be too open in texture.
- 7. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked when tested. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in tin for 5 minutes before placing onto a fine wire rack to cool.