Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Pumpkin Pie - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Pastry Ingredients -
- 2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg yolk (or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg Replacer)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pumpkin Filling Ingredients -
- 2 1/2 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 cups ORGRAN Premium Chilli Pasta Spirals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 onion
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 3 eggs (or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg Replacer)
- 3 tablespoons thickened cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pastry Method -
- Preheat oven to 170°C ( 350°F ).
- Prepare a 28cm x 5cm deep (11” x 1½”) round pie dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- Place the ORGRAN flour into the bowl of an electric food processor. Add butter. Process to mix ingredients.
- Pour water into a measuring jug. Add oil, egg yolk (or use ORGRAN No Egg as per packet instructions) and lemon juice and whisk well.
- Pour liquid into food processor. Process until pastry is well mixed.
- Turn pastry dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board. Lightly knead pastry. Roll out to 0.5cm (¼\'\') thickness. Line base and sides of pie dish with pastry. Don’t have pastry too thin around the edge of the dish or pastry may burn before pie is set in the centre.
- Carefully pour filling into pastry case.
- Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 160°C (325°F). Continue to cook for approx 25 minutes or until set in the centre and cooked.
- When cooked remove from oven and serve hot or cold, as desired.
- Pumpkin Filling Method -
- Place diced pumpkin into a steamer. Steam for approx. 3minutes until pumpkin is just soft. Do not overcook or pumpkin will be too soft.
- Place pasta into the bowl of an electric food processor or blender. Process until fine pasta crumbs. Place into a small bowl. Pour boiling water over pasta. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Strain immediately. Place into a large mixing bowl. Add steamed pumpkin.
- Peel and finely chop onion. Add to bowl with pumpkin.
- Add grated cheese and Parmesan to bowl with pumpkin.
- Break eggs into a small mixing bowl. Whisk well. (Alternatively, use ORGRAN No Egg as per packet instructions) Stir in cream and parsley. Add egg mixture to pumpkin mixture.