Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Pork Rissoles - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Pork Rissoles Ingredients -
- minced pork
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Rice Crumbs
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN No Egg-Natural Egg Replacer
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely diced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, for rolling rissoles (approx. ⅔ cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for frying rissoles
- Dipping Sauce Ingredients -
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small-medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chilli
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Pork Rissoles Method -
- 1. Place pork mince and rice ORGRAN crumbs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- 2. Put ORGRAN no-egg, water, lemon rind, lemongrass, garlic, shallots, ginger, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into mince and rice crumbs. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 3. Take small portions of mixture, approx. the size of a golf ball and roll in flour.
- 4. Pour oil into a large frying pan. Heat oil over a moderate heat. Add rissoles and cook until firm. (Rissoles can be cooked in a deep dryer if desired.)
- 5. When rissoles are cooked, drain on absorbent paper.
- Dipping Sauce Method -
- 1. Pour oil into a small frying pan. Heat oil over a gentle heat. Add onion, chilli and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
- 2. Put onion, chilli, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar and water into a food blender. Blend until smooth. Return to frying pan and cook until sauce is smooth.
- 3. Serve rissoles with Dipping Sauce or pour sauce over rissoles to serve.