Skip to content
Pork Loin Cutlet with Balsamic Apples
Recipes - Cooking
Pork Loin Cutlet with Balsamic Apples - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 4 pork loin cutlets (allow approx. 250g cutlet per person)
- olive oil to coat cutlets
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon grass
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons butter or monounsaturated margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- Coat cutlets with a little extra oil.
- 2. Place ORGRAN flour and dried lemon grass into a medium-sized zip seal bag. Season flour with salt and pepper. Toss cutlets in flour.
- 3. Pour oil into a large frying pan. Add cutlets. Sear to seal in juices. Cook over a gentle heat until pork is cooked. If cutlets are thick, take care to make sure meat is thoroughly cooked.
- 4. While meat is cooking prepare ingredients to cook Balsamic Apple.
- 5. Peel and cut apples into small dice.
- 6. When pork is cooked remove from pan and set aside to keep warm. Cutlets can be wrapped in foil to keep warm.
- 7. Place butter into pan the pork was cooked in. Melt butter over a gentle heat.
- 8. Add brown sugar and maple syrup to pan. Pour in balsamic vinegar. Add apple to pan. Cook stirring continuously until apple is soft and caramelized. Stir in dried thyme and shallots.
- 9. Serve balsamic apple with pork cutlets.