Skip to content
Peppermint Choc Brownie Bars
Recipes - Baking
Peppermint Choc Brownie Bars - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Choc Brownie Bar Ingredients:
- 1 package ORGRAN Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
Peppermint Icing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
Choc Brownie Bar Method:
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a rectangular 6-cup 30cm x 20cm x 4cm (12” x 8” x 1½") bar tray. Line base and sides of individual cups with baking paper.
- 3. Put the brownie mix, eggs, butter and peppermint essence into a medium sized bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined.
- 4. Spoon the chocolate brownie mixture into prepared tray.
- 5. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 6. Leave in tray for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a fine wire rack.
- 7. When cold, ice with Peppermint Icing.
Peppermint Icing Method:
- 1. Place butter into a small mixing bowl. Stir in boiling water and peppermint essence.
- 2. Gradually beat in icing sugar. To obtain a spreadable consistency, it may be necessary to add a little more boiling water or sifted icing sugar.
- 3. Spread icing over Brownie Bars.