Recipe courtesy naturally_nina_
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Penne Pasta with Vegan Ricotta - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Quinoa Penne Pasta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons herbs, mixed & dried
- black pepper & salt, to taste
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- fresh basil
- 1 cup organic soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring the soy milk to a boil in a pot, then remove from heat and stir in the apple cider vinegar so the milk curdles.
- Strain through a nut milk bag, leaving behind the ‘ricotta’ in the bag.
- Mix in the nutritional yeast and black pepper, and allow to cool in the fridge.
- To make the pasta sauce, sauté the onion and garlic in a pan until fragrant.
- Add in the tinned tomato, 1/2 cup of water and the dried herbs. Simmer for about 15 mins until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil and cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Serve pasta with tomato sauce, a big handful of baby spinach, fresh basil and the ricotta crumbled on top.