Skip to content
Pear & Walnut Muffins
Recipes - Baking
Pear & Walnut Muffins - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 2 cups diced, cold cooked pear (approx. 2 large pears. Fruit can be cooked ahead of time.)
- walnut pieces
- 1 cup plain yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package ORGRAN Apple & Cinnamon Pancake Mix
- Pear can be cooked ahead of time. Cooking time does not allow time to cook pear.
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 12-cup muffin trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4. Stir in pear and walnuts.
- 5. Put yoghurt into a small bowl. Stir in golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda. Stir into creamed mixture.
- 6. Sift flour and cinnamon into a small bowl. Stir in pancake mix. Put dry ingredients into creamed mixture and stir until ingredients are well combined.
- 7. Three quarters fill each muffin cup in trays with muffin mixutre.
- 8. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 9. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.