Skip to content
Oven Baked Pork with Sweet & Sour Sauce
Recipes - Cooking
Oven Baked Pork with Sweet & Sour Sauce - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- pork strips
- 2 eggs (or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg Replacer)
- 2 cups ORGRAN Multigrain Bread Mix with Quinoa and Chia
- 2 carrots
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 825g tin pineapple pieces (strain juice from pineapple and reserve juice)
- finely chopped crystallised ginger
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a large flat oven pray by spraying with cooking spray. Line tray with baking paper.
- 3. Place pork into a large bowl.
- 4. Lightly beat eggs and pour over pork (alternatively, use ORGRAN No Egg, as per packet instructions). Stir 1 cup ORGRAN bread mix throughout pork. Spread pork out over prepared tray.
- 5. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove tray from oven and sprinkle remaining 1 cup bread mix over pork. Return to oven and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- 6. While pork is cooking prepare vegetables.
- 7. Peel and cut carrot into thin strips.
- 8. Remove seeds and cut capsicum into pieces.
- 9. Peel and finely slice onion.
- 10. Peel and crush garlic.
- 11. Pour olive oil into a large frypan or wok. Add onion and garlic and sauté (lightly fry).
- 12. Add carrot, capsicum, pineapple and ginger. Toss over a gentle heat until capsicum is cooked a little. Do not overcook.
- 13. Mix tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine ingredients. Pour in reserved pineapple juice.
- 14. Place cornflour into a small microwave-safe bowl. Blend with a little sauce liquid. Pour blended cornflour into remaining sauce.
- 15. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-high for 30-second intervals and stir, until sauce comes to the boil and thickens slightly.
- 16. Remove pork from baking tray. Place pork into pan with vegetables. Lightly toss vegetables throughout pork. Arrange pork and vegetables on a serving plate. Pour sauce over pork.