Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Osso Bucco - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 8 x beef osso bucco (allow 2 pieces per person)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to brush osso busso
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Gravy Mix
- 5 tablespoons chilli infused oil
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- brown onion (approx. 2 large brown onions)
- 2 cloves garlic
- can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chilli
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 cup butter beans
- packet ORGRAN Corn & Vegetable Pasta Shells, for serving
- 1. Coat osso bucco with olive oil.
- 2. Put gravy mix into a large zip seal plastic bag.
- 3. Put osso bucco in bag with gravy mix. Seal bag and coat pieces of osso bucco in ORGRAN gravy mix.
- 4. Pour 3 tablespoons chilli oil into frying pan. Add osso bucco and sear meat on all sides to develop flavour.
- 5. Put osso bucco into an electric slow-cooker. If there is any gravy mix left after coating meat, sprinkle it over meat in slow-cooker.
- 6. Peel potatoes and cut into small dice. Place potato on top of meat.
- 7. Peel pumpkin and cut into small dice. Place pumpkin on top of potato.
- 8. Peel and cut carrot into small rings. Add to slow cooker on top of pumpkin.
- 9. Peel and dice onion. Peel and crush garlic.
- 10. Pour 2 more tablespoons chilli oil into frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté (lightly fry).
- 11. Put tomatoes into a medium-sized bowl. Stir in onion and garlic. Stir in beef stock, red wine, chilli and salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour liquid into slow cooker.
- 12. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions for 2 hours.
- 13. Cut celery into small pieces.
- 14. Add celery and beans to slow cooker. Cook for another 60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are cooked.
- 15. Cook ORGRAN pasta according to the directions on the packet. Serve osso bucco with vegetable pasta.