Skip to content
Orgran Famous Shortbread
Recipes - Biscuits
Orgran Famous Shortbread - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 1/2 cups Orgran Self Raising Flour (325g)
- 1/2 cup Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour (60g)
- butter or margarine
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F)
- Melt butter in a saucepan that large enough to mix all of the ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Sift Orgran self-raising flour, Orgran plain flour and icing sugar into the saucepan. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute or until well combined, add more self-raising flour if the mixture is wet or sticky.
- Roll into 1 cm thick shapes if you wish. (It is easier to work on a slightly greased surface.)
- Place on a greased oven tray lined with baking paper. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Dough may crumble easily, however shortbreads can still be made.