Skip to content
Ocean Macaroni Cheese
Recipes - Pasta
Ocean Macaroni Cheese - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Rice & Corn Macaroni
- cod fillet, skinless and boneless
- salmon fillet, skinless and boneless
- smoked haddock fillet, skinless and boneless
- 325 millilitres milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fish stock cube
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white rice flour
- salt & pepper, to season
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- cooked prawns
- 2 handfuls cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 handfuls parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain and put to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and grease a shallow baking dish with a little butter,
- Cut all the fish into chunks and place in a large frying pan with the milk, bay leaf and stock cube. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and drain the milk into a jug.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and sweat the shallot for 5 minutes. Add the white rice flour to make a roux and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add the flavoured milk, a little at a time, then season with salt and pepper and add the parsley, fish and prawns.
- Pour the whole lot over the pasta and stir well until everything is well combined. Stir through the cheddar cheese, then transfer to the baking dish and top with Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and serve immediately.