Skip to content
No-Egg Chocolate Brownie
Recipes - Baking
No-Egg Chocolate Brownie - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- soft butter or dairy free margarine
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Icing Ingredients:
- butter or dairy free margarine
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup coconut, to sprinkle on top
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare a 25cm x 20cm (10” x 8”) slice tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Place flour, cocoa, coconut, No Egg™ and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric food processor. Process until ingredients are well combined. Add butter and process until well mixed.
- 4. Place golden syrup into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and stir well. Pour into food processor. Process until mixture is well combined.
- 5. Press mixture into prepared tray.
- 6. Place tray into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until slice is cooked when tested.
- 7. While slice is cooking, make Chocolate Icing.
Chocolate Icing Method:
- 1. Place butter and water into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir.
- 2. Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a medium-sized bowl. Pour in butter and water and stir well.
- 3. Spread chocolate icing over slice.
- 4. Sprinkle with coconut.
- 5. Allow to cool. Cut into squares.