Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Mulligatawny Soup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- finely minced lean beef
- 4 litres beef stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 GF Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Falafel Mix
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups mixed vegetables of your choice, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground pepper, as desired
- 1 cup coconut milk
- juice 1 lemon
- fresh coriander, finely chopped for garnish
- 1. Pour oil into a large saucepan. Heat over a gentle heat.
- 2. Add onion and garlic to saucepan and sauté (lightly fry). Remove from saucepan.
- 3. Add minced beef to saucepan. Cook until meat has changed colour. Return onion and garlic to saucepan.
- 4. Add beef stock and bay leaves to saucepan.
- 5. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, curry powder, stock cube, falafel mix, lentils and vegetables to saucepan. Cook with lid on over a gentle heat until vegetables are tender.
- 6. Remove bay leaves and discard.
- 7. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8. Stir in coconut milk and lemon juice. Bring to boil point, but do not boil. Remove from heat immediately soup comes to boiling point.
- 9. Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander before serving.