Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Mixed Salad - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil (or olive oil)
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups summer lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup fine beetroot strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into small dice
- 1 stick celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fine carrot strips
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 x 80g pkt ORGRAN Croutons of choice
- Corn Crispy Crumb Crunchy Topping using -
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Corn Crispy Breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil (or olive oil), extra
- 1. Preheat oven 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a large flat baking tray by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Peel and cut pumpkin into small pieces. Spread over prepared oven tray. Pour 3 tablespoons oil over pumpkin. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake until pumpkin is golden brown and cooked.
- 4. Place rocket, spinach and lettuce leaves into a salad bowl.
- 5. Add shallots, beetroot, zucchini, celery and carrot to salad bowl.
- 6. Cut capsicum into small pieces and remove seeds. Add to salad bowl.
- 7. Lightly toss salad.
- 8. Top with either ORGRAN Croutons of choice or Corn Crispy Crumb Crunchy Topping.
- Corn Crispy Crumbs Crunch Topping
- 1. Pour extra oil into a small frying pan. Warm over a gentle heat.
- 2. Add ORGRAN corn crumbs. Increase heat.
- 3. Cook until crumbs are golden brown. Stir to prevent crumbs burning.
- 4. Sprinkle crumbs over salad in bowl.