Skip to content
Mixed Peach Crostata
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Mixed Peach Crostata - ORGRAN Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- caster sugar
- butter, grated and chilled (margarine, for vegan alternative)
- 170 millilitres icy cold water
Final Baking Pastry Ingredient:
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- buckwheat kernels
- butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cereal polenta
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur (optional)
- 2 yellow peaches, stoned, cut into wedges
- 1 white peach, stoned, cut into wedges
- cherries, halved, pitted
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add icy cold water and process until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Flatten slightly and wrap in plastic and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the frangipane filling, place buckwheat in a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Add the buckwheat, cereal polenta, flour and Frangelico, if using. Stir to combine.
- Line baking pan with baking paper then shape pastry into baking pan. Bake for 10-12 mins or until it turns slightly brown.
- Spread frangipane filling over pastry, leaving a 1-2cm border. Place the peach, cherry, caster sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Arrange over the frangipane filling.
- Remove pastry from fridge and roll out 2/3 of pastry on a light floured surface with a floured rolling pin to slightly larger than 20cm x 20cm baking pan. Pastry should be 4mm thick.
- Lightly brush pastry with egg. Bake for 33-37 mins or until pastry is golden and frangipane filling is cooked through. Set aside on the tray to cool. Cut into wedges.