Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking, Desserts
Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4h
- Total Time: 4h 10m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 10 X 120g Jars
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Amaretti Biscotti
- butter, melted (or margarine, for vegan alternative)
Cream Cheese Filling
- cream cheese (or vegan cream cheese, for vegan alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- icing sugar
- thickened cream (or coconut cream, for vegan alternative)
- strawberries, washed and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place the biscuits in a food bag and crush using a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Mix well. Pour them into the prepared glass bowls or jars and press into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 20 mins to set firmly.
- Now place the cream cheese, icing sugar and the vanilla paste in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour in the thickened cream and continue until the mixture is combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit base. Smooth the top with the back of a dessert spoon. Leave to set in the fridge for 4 hours.
- In a heavy base saucepan add the strawberries, sugar and simmer over low heat until it starts to bubble and thicken. Then add the lemon juice and mix well stirring occasionally. Simmer for 10 mins. Allow to completely cool while the cheesecake is setting in the fridge.
- Pour strawberry topping over cheese mixture in each jar and set back in the fridge for a further 30 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream, fresh berries, fresh mint leaves or just on its own. Enjoy!