Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Mini Panforte - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- whole almonds
- dried apricots, chopped
- glacé pineapple, diced
- dried peach, chopped
- pitted prunes, chopped
- mixed peel, chopped
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 12 cup muffin trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Place almonds, pecans and hazelnuts onto a flat baking tray. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Take care not to burn nuts. Remove skins from hazelnuts. Place roasted nuts into a large mixing bowl. Add chopped apricots, pineapple, peach, prunes and peel.
- 4. Sift flour, cocoa, cinnamon and mixed spice over nuts and fruit. Mix throughout to separate fruit and nuts.
- 5. Melt sugar and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir to thoroughly combine. Remove from stove and allow to cool. Stir in vanilla and beaten egg. Stir into fruit and nut mixture.
- 6. About one quarter fill each muffin cup in tray.
- 7. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays to cool.