Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Meatloaf - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram lean beef mince
- onion (approx. 1 large onion)
- 1 egg (or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg Replacer)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce (gluten free)
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Rice Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- Tomato Glaze
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare 6 x 12cm x 7cm (5” x 3”) small round loaf tins by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tins with baking paper.
- 3. Put meat into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 4. Peel and finely chop onion. Add to meat.
- 5. Break egg into a small bowl (or use ORGRAN No Egg, as per packet instructions) . Whisk well. Add evaporated milk to egg. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and mustard sauce. Pour into meat.
- 6. Add ORGRAN crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper to meat. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 7. Press meat mixture into prepared tins.
- 8. Glaze tops of meat loaves with Tomato Glaze.
- 9. Place into a moderately-hot oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- 10. While meatloaf is cooking, prepare a large flat oven tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 11. Prepare Tomato Glaze for meatloaves. (See recipe below)
- 12. After 20 minutes, remove meatloaves from oven. Turn out of tins and invert onto prepared baking tray.
- 13. Spread Tomato Glaze over meatloaves.
- 14. Return meatloaves to oven and bake at 160°C (325°F) for a further 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Tomato Glaze
- 1. In a small bowl, add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard sauce and brown sugar. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- The mixture can be made into one large or 6 small meat loaves.