Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Meat Pies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Meat Filling Ingredients -
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- minced steak
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Gravy Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon MightyMite™
- Pastry Ingredients -
- packet ORGRAN Pizza & Pastry Multimix
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 teaspoon Orgran No Egg, Egg Replacer
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- Meat Filling Method -
- 1. Pour olive oil into a large heavy based frying pan. Add onion and sauté (lightly fry). Remove onion from pan.
- 2. Add minced steak and pepper to pan. Allow meat to cook stirring occasionally. When meat is cooked, return onion to pan.
- 3. Place ORGRAN gravy mix into a small bowl. Stir in water, parsley, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and MightyMite. Pour into pan. Cook for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- 4. Allow meat to cool before using to make up tarts.
- Pastry Method -
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Individual 6cm (2½”) foil trays are best for making pies.
- 3. Place ORGRAN Multimix, butter, ORGRAN No Egg, baking powder and water into the bowl of an electric food processor. Mix until well combined.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board and knead lightly. Divide dough in half. Wrap half the dough securely in plastic wrap to prevent dough drying out.
- 5. Roll half the dough out to 0.5cm (¼\") thickness.
- 6. Using an 8cm fluted cutter, cut pastry out to fit foil trays. Line foil trays with pastry.
- 7. Roll out remainder of pastry. Cut out pastry and line foil trays.
- 8. Place approx. 1 tablespoon cooled meat mixture into each foil tray.
- 9. Using a 5cm fluted cutter, cut out circles of pasty to fit tops of pies.
- 10. Place foil trays onto a flat baking tray to facilitate handling.
- 11. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until crust is pale golden brown and cooked.
- 12. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in foil trays to cool.
- 13. When cold, store in foil trays in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Tip - These meat pies can be cooked in an electric pie maker. Follow the cooking instructions that come with the pie maker.