Skip to content
Maple Syrup Pancakes
Recipes - Breakfast
Maple Syrup Pancakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup Orgran Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Separate eggs.
- 2. Place egg yolks, flours, baking powder, olive oil, buttermilk, bicarbonate of soda, maple syrup and vanilla into the bowl of an electric food processor or blender. Blend to combine ingredients. Pour mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- 3. Place egg whites into a small clean, dry bowl. Beat until stiff. Lightly fold into pancake mixture.
- 4. If using an electric pancake cooker, cook pancakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (325°F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.) Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first. This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan. Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown. Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
- 5. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- 6. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
- 7. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
- 8. Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.