Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Madeleines - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon glucose syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- finely grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pure icing sugar, extra for dusting
- Madeleine baking trays can be purchased from specialist kitchen shops. They are scallop-shaped baking trays.
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 Madeleine trays (12 hole) by brushing with melted butter.
- 3. Place eggs into a large bowl. Add caster sugar, glucose and honey. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat until mixture is thick, pale and about double in volume.
- 4. Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder into a small bowl. Lightly fold into egg mixture.
- 5. Place butter into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in lemon zest and vanilla. Pour liquid into egg mixture. Mix lightly to combine ingredients.
- 6. Pipe or spread mixture into prepared trays.
- 7. Place into a hot oven and bake for 7 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- 9. Just before serving, dust with sifted icing sugar.