Skip to content
Macadamia Fudge Cake
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Macadamia Fudge Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- top quality vegan dark chocolate
- vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- Dutch cocoa powder
- 5 heaped teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 125 millilitres water
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1. Heat some water in a small saucepan; turn off when it is boiling.
- 2. Place the chocolate and vegan margarine in a heatproof bowl and place on top of the hot water to melt.
- 3. When melted stir the sieved cocoa through, then allow to cool a little, while you prepare the No Egg.
- 4. Place the No Egg™ in a bowl and stir in 125g (4.2 fl.oz.) water. Beat well until it is smooth and frothy.
- 5. Add the sugar and using electric beaters beat for 4 minutes.
- 6. Add the flour and beat for another minute. Fold this mixture into the melted chocolate and stir through the macadamia nuts.
- 7. Oil and line the base of a 24cm (9½") springform cake tin then pour your mixture into this; smooth the top if you need too.
- 8. Place in a preheated 180°C (360°F) oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- 9. Check after 30 minutes and if the top is cooked cover with foil and cook for another 10 minutes. Don’t overcook or the cake will be too dry and hard to cut.
- 10. Leave to cool in the cake tin then remove and store in an airtight container. If desired, dust with cocoa powder and serve with vegan cream and raspberries.