Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Lemon Panettone - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup water
- soft butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- mixed fruit
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- (Lemon rind may be omitted for a plainer flavour)
- Panettone has a characteristic shaped tin, however it can be made using a collar of baking paper above the tin to support the bread. A dolly vardin tin can be used as an alternative tin to make panettone.
- 1. Prepare a panettone tin or tin of your choice by spraying with cooking spray.
- 2. Place all the ingredients into the large bowl of an electric food mixer. Mix well to combine ingredients and make into a soft dough.
- 3. Place into prepared tin.
- 4. Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- 5. Place into a warm place until dough is soft and spongy. If the dough is very soft and spongy the baked bread will have a more open texture.
- 6. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 60 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- 7. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack.