Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Lemon Buns - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- 1/3 cup pure icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup lemon spread (recipe below
- Lemon Spread Ingredients -
Lemon Spread Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- finely grated rind 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (made from approx. 2 lemons)
- unsalted butter or monounsaturated margarine
- Dough Method -
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare an 8cm (3") 12-cup muffin tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line bottom of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Warm the bread mix on high in the microwave for 30 seconds. Put bread mix into the large bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer. Add icing sugar and lemon rind. Stir to mix ingredients.
- 4. Put butter into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- 5. Pour milk into a measuring jug. Add eggs, butter and vanilla and whisk well to combine ingredients. Pour into bread mix in bowl.
- 6. Mix well to combine ingredients. Mixture should be moist, but firm enough to roll out.
- 7. Turn out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) sheet of baking paper and knead lightly. Do not over knead dough. Carefully roll out dough to a rectangle 0.5cm (¼") thick.
- 8. Spread dough with Lemon Spread.
- 9. Carefully roll up from the wide side. Use the baking paper to help make the roll. Pat the roll out to about 48cm (19\") long.
- 10. Using kitchen thread, cut into 4cm (1½") slices. Place cut side up into prepared tray.
- 11. Put in a warm place to rise. Don’t allow to rise for too long, or the buns may be too open in texture.
- 12. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked when tested. 13. When cooked, remove from oven. Leave in tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack.
- Lemon Spread Method -
- 1. Place all the ingredients except butter into an electric food processor or blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- 2. Pour blended ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan. Add butter. Stir constantly over a gentle heat until mixture thickens, taking care not to boil or the mixture may curdle.
- Pour blended ingredients into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Add butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-high, stirring at 1-minute intervals until mixture thickens.